Starting Admin and Managed Servers using Node Manager and WLST
Note : I have used Windows Vista OS and Oracle Database 11.2. All the commands for Linux/Unix will change accordingly.
Please follow the following steps for the same.
1.) Firstly configure the Node Manager
2.) Verify the Node Manager
3.) Once you verify and complete the above steps, I recommend, stop and close everything open till now. Then follow the following steps.
Start your Node Manager using <Middleware_Home>\wlserver_10.3\server\bin\startNodeManager.cmd command from the command prompt.
- Open a fresh command prompt window and run WLST.cmd from <Middleware_Home>\wlserver_10.3\common\bin\WLST.cmd.
- Next task is to connect to the Node Manager using nmConnect(). In the WLST console window type nmConnect('weblogic','welcome1','neeraj-pc','5556','soa_domain').
- Once connected to Node Manager the command prompt will change.
- Now to start your Admin server type nmStart(
) e.g. nmStart('AdminServer')
- To start your managed server type nmStart(
- If it gives the success notification, you are done. Also, you can verify the same from the Weblogic Console.