before you can use the Node Manager utility, you need to configure/verify the Node Manager.
- For this start the Admin Server as usual by running the
- Go to Weblogic Console and navigate to Machines-->LocalMachine-->Configuration Tab-->Node Manager Tab. Specify the ListenAddress (where Node Manager will run) and ListenPort as per you installation. By default the port is 5556. Be sure to provide the exact URL/Host name in ListenAddress as localhost will disallow starting the servers from remote location. See below image.
- Go to
<Middleware_home>\wlserver_10.3\common\nodemanager\nodemanager.properties. Set StartScriptEnabled=true.
- Start WLST from <Middleware_home>\wlserver_10.3\common\bin\wlst.cmd in a separate command prompt window. You can double click on the wlst.cmd also to start WLST.
- Once WLST starts, connect to Admin Server from the WLST console. To connect type the connect() command on the WLST console and press Enter. Accept defaults or provide inputs as required. Once it connects successfully, the WLST prompt will change to wls:/mydomain/serverConfig>.
- Now type nmEnroll(<Middleware_home>\user_projects\domains\soa_domain). This command enrolls the current machine with the Node Manager and creates some properties file (nm_password.properties,SerializedSystemIni.dat).
- If the message displays as "Successfully enrolled this machine with the domain directory at", Enrollment is successful.
- Exit from the WLST console using the exit() command and shut down your Admin Server and Close the Browser Console window.
- Node Manager is configured. Further, to start the Admin and Managed Servers from this Node Manager, refer to this post.