Installation of Oracle Application Intergration Architecture Foundation Pack (AIA) 11g including Oracle SOA Suite 11g with Oracle BAM 11g on Oracle Database XE 10g and Linux 64bit.Assumptions:
- This demo will be performed within VMware image. Personally, I don't recommend to install AIA11g on 32bit OS.
- An image: Oracle Enterprise Linux 5U4 (64bit), 4GB of swap and 6GB of RAM, 20GB of disk space.
- Oracle Database: Express Edition 10g, only for development purposes and saving resources in vmware env.
- Download software from Oracle downlod website and only from Oracle.
- SOA 11g R1 Patch Set 1 (188.8.131.52.0) is required for AIA 11gR1.
- Use of Service Registry (11gR1) and Enterprise Repository (11gR1) is optional (not covered in this demo).
- AIA 11g R1 Certification Matrix is available here.
- AIA 11g R1 (software and docs) is available at eDelivery here:
- This tutorial also covers ORACLE BAM since it is included in SOA Suite 11g
Download software and place it into /home/oracle/stage directory: Database
If you don't already have an Oracle database installed, choose Oracle Express Edition for a small footprint database. (Oracle XE is suitable for development only. Ignore the warning during installation about the database version as that pertains to production installations.)
Oracle Database 10g Release 2 (10.2.0.1) Express Edition for Linux x86
Oracle WebLogic Server 11gR1 (10.3.2) 64bit - Package Installer (Additional Platforms, file: wls1032_generic.jar)http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/ias/htdocs/wls_main.html
Repository Creation Utility (184.108.40.206.1)
SOA Suite 220.127.116.11.0 Generic: 1.7 GB (Nov-2009)
Oracle AIA 11gR1 (18.104.22.168.0) Linux x86 V20956-01.zip
- Let's roll:
- Install oracle database (Oracle XE 10g only for DEV)
- Install WebLogic Server 10.3.2
- Execute Repository Creation Utility
- Install SOA Suite 11g
- Install AIA 11g
- Uninstall AIA 11g
Make sure that hostname is being set properly; if not - configure /etc/hosts:
- Installing oracle xe:
- To start/stop the database manually:
- To start the SQL*Plus console (GUI in Gnome)
Launcher's path: /usr/lib/oracle/xe/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/server/config/scripts/runsqlplus.sh
Below setting will prevent from error RCU-6083 during the Repository Creation.
DB Init Param Prerequisite failure for: processes Required Value = 200, Current Value = 40 ...
Run SQL*Plus and connect as SYSDBA
2. Install WebLogic Server 10.3.2
Before we start, java jdk must be installed.
Download JDK from here jdk-6u20-linux-x64-rpm.bin (http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/widget/jdk6.jsp)
Run WebLogic Installer
3. Execute Repository Creation Utility
4. Install SOA Suite 11g
Run The Oracle Installer to install SOA Suite 11g
Configure SOA Suite (including BAM) by creating domains - Administration and Managed Server in WebLogic
Start Administration & Managed Server (soa_server1, bam_server1) for SOA 11g R1
- Manual Start: Admin Server
- Starting SOA Server
- Starting BAM Server (optional, don't start for AIA installation - it saves system resources)
TIP: In order to make your servers starting without asking for the usename and the password create security directory and boot.properties file in each of these directories:
Fill in all boot.properties files with appropriate entries; username and password:
- http://hostname:9001/OracleBAM (Sorry folks, Internet Explorer only)
5. Install AIA 11g
Before we launch the AIA Installer we need to configure some settings.
- To configure JVM parameters:
Navigate to <Middleware home>/user_projects/domains/<domain_name>/bin. In Linux update the following parameters in the setDomainEnv.sh file. Search for the string USER_MEM_ARGS and modify as necessary.
- Increasing Memory to avoid Compilation Errors
To avoid out-of-memory errors during compilation of a SOA composite application, you need to increase the following memory settings.
To increase memory settings: open the ant-sca-compile.xml file in the SOA_HOME/bin directory.
Restart Admin Server or entire SOA infrastructure and we are ready to run the AIA installer.
- Make sure that Node Manager is up and running.
To check this open WebLogic Server Administration Console and navigate to Environment > Machines > LocalMachine > Tab: Monitoring > Tab: Node Manager Status
We should see - Status: Reachable and Version: 10.3
Otherwise start it up manually by issuing the following command:
TIP: Ensuring Correct Settings for Node Manager Startup To ensure correct settings for Node manager startup:
- Navigate to the $MW_HOME/wlserver_10.3/common/nodemanager.
- Open the nodemanager.properties file and verify the value for StartScriptEnabled=true
- If you changed the above value, restart Node Manager by navigating to $MW_HOME/wlserver_10.3/server/bin and using the appropriate commands.
- While starting the node manager, ensure that you set the listen address different from "localhost". It is preferred to give the fully qualified name of the machine or the IP address.
RUN THE AIA 11g INSTALLER
We are done with AIA 11g installation!
Rollback temporary changes on jdk home (as root user):
Validate AIA installation. Navigate to the AIA Console http://<server name>:<port number>/AIA/
- http://hostname:8001/AIA (dont' forget to open ports on firewall)
SOA SUITE URLs:
- http://hostname:9001/OracleBAM (Sorry folks, Internet Explorer only!)
6. Uninstalling AIA 11g
1. In order to uninstall AIA 11g (3.0) navigate to $AIA_HOME oui/bin directory and run the installer with uninstall flag:
2. Login to Enterprise Manager 11g Fusion Middleware Control ( http://hostname:7001/em ) and undeploy all "AIA..." components.
3. Next, clean the database.
- Shutdown WebLogic Server
- drop AIA schemas within the database: